Metabolic Modeling Tutorial
discounted EARLY registration ends Dec 31, 2014
BioCyc websites down
12/28 - 12/31
for maintenance.
Metabolic Modeling Tutorial
discounted EARLY registration ends Dec 31, 2014
BioCyc websites down
12/28 - 12/31
for maintenance.
Metabolic Modeling Tutorial
discounted EARLY registration ends Dec 31, 2014
BioCyc websites down
12/28 - 12/31
for maintenance.
Metabolic Modeling Tutorial
discounted EARLY registration ends Dec 31, 2014
BioCyc websites down
12/28 - 12/31
for maintenance.
Metabolic Modeling Tutorial
discounted EARLY registration ends Dec 31, 2014
BioCyc websites down
12/28 - 12/31
for maintenance.
twitter

MetaCyc Compound Class: amylopectin

Superclasses: all carbohydrates a carbohydrate a glycan a polysaccharide a glucan starch

Summary:
Starch is a mixture of the two polymeric carbohydrates (polysaccharides) α-amylose and amylopectin.

α-Amylose contains up to several thousand glucosyl units linked almost exclusively in linear α(1->4) linkages, with very few branches of α(1->6) linkages. In amylopectin, on the other hand, branching is common, and occurs approximately every 24-30 glucose units.

α-Amylose accounts for 30% of starch, while amylopectin accounts for the other 70%.

Chemical Formula: C30H52O26

Molecular Weight: 828.72 Daltons

Monoisotopic Molecular Weight: 828.2746818438 Daltons

SMILES: C(C5(OC(OC4(C(OC(OCC2(C(OC1(OC(C(O)C(C1O)O)CO))C(C(O)C(O2)OC3(C(OC(O)C(C3O)O)CO))O))C(C(O)4)O)CO))C(C(O)C5O)O))O

InChI: InChI=1S/C30H52O26/c31-1-6-11(35)13(37)19(43)28(50-6)55-24-9(4-34)52-27(21(45)16(24)40)48-5-10-25(56-29-20(44)14(38)12(36)7(2-32)51-29)17(41)22(46)30(53-10)54-23-8(3-33)49-26(47)18(42)15(23)39/h6-47H,1-5H2/t6-,7-,8-,9-,10-,11-,12-,13+,14+,15-,16-,17-,18-,19-,20-,21-,22-,23-,24-,25-,26+,27+,28-,29-,30-/m1/s1

Unification Links: ChemSpider:388347 , HMDB:HMDB03255 , KEGG:C00317 , PubChem:439207

Standard Gibbs Free Energy of Change Formation (ΔfG in kcal/mol): -318.1018 Inferred by computational analysis [Latendresse13]

Reactions known to consume the compound:

starch biosynthesis :
n amylopectin + α-amylose → n starch

starch degradation I :
starch + n H2O → a long-linear glucan
starch + n H2O → a large-branched glucan

starch degradation II :
starch[chloroplast stroma] + n ATP[chloroplast stroma] + n H2O[chloroplast stroma] → a 6-phosphogluco-amylopectin[chloroplast stroma] + n AMP[chloroplast stroma] + n phosphate[chloroplast stroma]

starch degradation III , starch degradation IV :
starch[extracellular space] → a cyclodextrin[extracellular space]

starch degradation V :
starch[extracellular space] + H2O[extracellular space] → a maltodextrin(n)[extracellular space] + maltose[extracellular space] + D-glucopyranose[extracellular space]

Not in pathways:
starch + n H2O → n α-maltose
starch + H2O → maltose + glucose

starch degradation II :
a glucan[chloroplast stroma] + D-glucopyranose[chloroplast stroma]a glucan[chloroplast stroma] + maltotriose[chloroplast stroma]


a polysaccharide + H2O → an oligosaccharide

Reactions known to produce the compound:

starch biosynthesis :
n α-amylose → n amylopectin + n H2O
n (1,6)-α-D-glucosyl-(1,4)-α-glucan moderately branched[chloroplast stroma] → n amylopectin[chloroplast stroma]

starch degradation II :
an exposed unphosphorylated, (α-1,6)-branched malto-oligosaccharide tail on amylopectin[chloroplast stroma] + n H2O[chloroplast stroma]amylopectin[chloroplast stroma] + n a linear malto-oligosaccharide[chloroplast stroma]
an exposed unphosphorylated, unbranched malto-oligosaccharide tail on amylopectin[chloroplast stroma] + n H2O[chloroplast stroma]amylopectin[chloroplast stroma] + maltose[chloroplast stroma]

cellulose and hemicellulose degradation (cellulolosome) :
a feruloyl-polysaccharide + H2O → ferulate + a polysaccharide + 2 H+

Not in pathways:
an N-acetyl-β-D-galactosalaminyl-[glycan] + H2O → a glycan + N-acetyl-β-D-galactosamine

In Reactions of unknown directionality:

Not in pathways:
a 6-phosphogluco-amylopectin + n H2O = amylopectin + n phosphate


n a 1,4-α-D-glucan = n starch + n H2O

Credits:
Revised 15-Mar-2013 by Caspi R , SRI International


References

Latendresse13: Latendresse M. (2013). "Computing Gibbs Free Energy of Compounds and Reactions in MetaCyc."


Report Errors or Provide Feedback
Please cite the following article in publications resulting from the use of MetaCyc: Caspi et al, Nucleic Acids Research 42:D459-D471 2014
Page generated by SRI International Pathway Tools version 18.5 on Sun Dec 21, 2014, biocyc14.